Wednesday, December 22, 2010

short & impromptu.

some people really get under my skin. like they make me want to shake the snot out of 'em. 


i could list a few dozen inconsiderate things drive me mad. 


but that's for another day. 


or... maybe not. 


maybe the more you repeat out loud (or in this case type) those no good, awful, terrible bad things those people do...the more negativity you put out into the universe. 


goodness knows we don't need that. 


d & i spent the evening with an exuberant gentlemen i know from work, who even tonight described himself as spry. he's kind, but no saint. adventurous, but responsible. worldly, and yet so down to earth. he's the type of person who starts talking about his life...and you just envy all the phenomenal paths he has traveled. i'm so envious i can hardly contain myself. don't get me wrong, his stories aren't all joyous & fun-filled. his life recently has been tumultous and heartbreaking, but i have yet to see him downtrodden. 


to get to the point...i don't want to be this person. i still want to be ME. in every form. however that unfolds. but i want to be the FULLEST me that can exist. sometimes i feel overwhelmed by all that i have yet to experience in my 31 years. i'm thankful for people like him who remind me of a life well lived. 


"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom 
of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. 
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time. "- Jack London



ADDENDUM: this post was written on the evening of December 21, 2010. a glitch in the internet connection ceased it's publication despite my utter disgust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment