Monday, January 24, 2011

my constant.



I cannot forget my mother. She is my bridge. 
When I needed to get across, she steadied herself 
long enough for me to run across safely. 
- Renita Weems



happy birthday to the bravest woman i have ever known...a girl who suddenly became a woman & a mother when she was still a child herself...who with dedication & determination & a strong spirit rose above overwhelming circumstances to become a remarkable woman.  she's the person who taught me what it means to sacrifice, to put others first & to love, love, love despite how people may hurt you. she's slow to share her opinion (a trait i clearly did not inherit), but quick to listen. she's a true & loyal friend, a clever competitor, a tender heart & a wise soul. she's brilliant...always observing & anticipating the needs of her family & friends. she's quick witted & tough as nails. her faith is a quiet & personal walk, but strong & steady. i am proud to call her mother. 

happy birthday, mom. i love you so. 




mom's brood: emily, me & dylan October 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment