Monday, October 4, 2010

What you are comes to you.







What you are comes to you. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

there are outfits in my closet that i endearingly label with a two-drink  minimum; meaning the courage to wear them comes only after at least two adult beverages. it's how i felt about rockin' my fedora for the first time or wearing my flashy cowgirl boots with a short skirt. there are just some things that take more courage than i am able to muster alone.


this blog is a four-drink, 8 month endeavor. 

so here goes nothing...

my. own. blog. 

music. 
my D. 
life. 
yoga.
friends. 
chicago.
fashion.
books.
food. 
and probably more on friends. 
and definitely more music. 

i've procrastinated for so long because i was terribly afraid i'd have nothing to say that would be of interest to even my dearest friends. so my resolution is to do this for me and only me; to exercise my creative brain, to document my transition into this new chapter of my life, to commemorate the travels, concerts & life lessons that will unfold. 

i know very little about how this blog thing works. i don't have a fancy camera for breathtaking photos. i don't have cute kids to tell funny stories about. heck, i'm really not even that funny.
but i promise i'll be honest. and transparent. and real. and if you happen to like it, then bonus! 

i'll be sitting here in my fedora, sipping whiskey & thinking of the next entry...










6 comments:

  1. i love it, jace! i'm so glad you're doing this, and i can't wait to hear your life in your words - and maybe appear from time to time. you've encouraged me to get going again, too. this is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome, deary! what a pleasant surprise to find the announcement of your first blog post between several pieces of junk in my inbox! i am so excited to have another way to feel connected with you on this new journey. however, i must admit (though you surely know it already) that i don't think you need any adult beverages to be entirely interesting & fashion-forward. i find you to be quite courageous in and of yourself! ;-)
    here's to hoping that you keep the posts coming...
    l.o.v.e.
    p.s. the challenge for those of us with the most beautiful kid God ever graced the earth with (so humble, right? ha.) is that it can be hard to overcome the temptation to constantly write about said kiddo & instead write about the million other sharing-worthy experiences in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The world is a better place today with your thoughts out there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything you say is of interest to me! Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you realized that you had used good judgement when you decided not to wear the mini skirt and boots to the 4th of July Keystone Light beer blast and fireworks display. You quickly realized that the proper womens attire for the night was a wife beater with no bra, flip flops to show off your new Kid Rock tattoo and faded unwashed pink sweats with an old sweet tea stain on the right cheek. Good call,you would have embarrassed us all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yes! Any way I can stay connected to any part of you is a fabulous idea! But you'll have to let us know how many drinks each post is worth so that I may join in. No one likes to drink alone, right?

    ReplyDelete