Friday, October 29, 2010

Once in a while it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told to. - Alan Keightley

hello, dear friends. 
apologies for the delayed update. i’ve had a few blog topics rumbling around in my brain over the past 3 weeks. 
i had every intention of blogging before our short trip home to OK. 
and then after we returned. 
and then after we returned from vacation. 
but alas, it’s 25 days later & i’m just now getting around to it. 
geez. 
because i’m rotten. and so far behind, i’m going to tackle a few short tidbits. then i’ll feel ‘caught up’ and can wipe the topic slate clean. i'm giving myself a 20 minute limit to do this. otherwise, i'll get distracted & it will be 3 more days. 

i'm a mess. love me. 
let’s start with a few fun tidbits: 
  • # of concerts since the last update: 2
  • latest album purchase: Kings of Leon- Come Around Sundown 
  • today’s weather forecast: Partly Cloudy. high 63. hello, autumn!! 
  • what i’m listening to as i type: Iron and Wine, Live on NPR November 2005
in early October, D and I made our first trip back to Oklahoma in 5 months. the total length of the trip was 44 hours, but we somehow managed to squeeze some love & life into every possible minute.  i was overwhelmed by the effort people made to see us. it was much appreciated!! thank you all. 

sandwiched in between lunches & hugs & drinks was a wedding for my sweet friend, amy. what a blessing to see love bloom in the lives of your dearest friends! i finally got to meet miss barritt lord, courtney's newest bundle of snuggles. 



october 11 was National Coming Out day. D and i coincidentally celebrated the day at a jennifer knapp show. if you don't know jennifer's story here you go:


my adoration for this woman began in 1997 when i was a freshman in college. i spent many, many hours drowning in her lyrics. she exposed a transparency in christianity that i never knew existed.  despite sounding cliche, jennifer's lyrics genuinely spoke to me. they still do 13 years later. i think it is safe to say jennifer and i evolved into people no one imagined we would become. 



picture it. (because this picture does not do the experience justice.) me at a jennifer knapp show celebrating her coming out with my most genuine appreciation and admiration for her bravery. me drinking a beer or three. listening to her talk about jesus. sitting with my boyfriend that i live with despite being unmarried. (gasp!) 

we've come a long way, baby. 

suffice to say, i'm more at peace with my spirituality and with myself  than i have ever been. as one dear friend told me once, I'm good with God. 

time's up!! 

i'm letting 'er rip! 

xoxo

J



No comments:

Post a Comment